Fresh salads are a delicious option for a side, snack, or main meal any time of year. In the summer especially, many of the veggies and fruits are in-season, making them packed full of vitamins, minerals, and of course flavor.
Looking for a few new summer salads to satisfy your hunger and help you maintain that gorgeous beach bod? Give one of these 3 light recipes a try.
3 Summer Salads Full of Protein, Fresh Produce & Deliciousness!
Peach & Grilled Chicken Salad with Basil and White Balsamic-Honey Vinaigrette
This recipe from cookingclassy.com is light, colorful, packed with lean protein, and offers a mix of textures and tastes, making it perfect for a summer lunch or dinner. Here’s what you need:
- For the grilled chicken: 1 pound of boneless and skinless chicken breasts, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/3 cup of chopped fresh basil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- For the vinaigrette: 1/3 cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard, salt, and pepper
- For the salad: 10 ounces of spring mix, 1 pound of sliced peaches, 2 earns of husked corn (cut from the cob), 1/2 cup of chopped and toasted pecans, 3/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion, 4 ounces of crumbled goat cheese
You May Also Like: It’s Time to Start Eating Fat Again
Mixed Berry Salad
This salad from forkknifeswoon.com is a perfect sweet side for breakfast or dessert! Adding some protein can help substantiate the dish and blunt the effect of fruity carbs in your system, so try adding some chia seeds, flax seeds, or walnuts on top.
Here’s what you’ll need (maybe try your local farmer’s market?):
- 4 cups of cubed watermelon, 1 pint of halved strawberries, 1 pint of blueberries, 1 pint of raspberries, 1 pint of pitted and halved cherries, 1/2 pint of blackberries, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice
Cucumber & Tomato Salad
Got any tomatoes and cucumbers from your backyard garden? Slice them up and serve at room temp on a warm summer evening with this recipe from countryliving.com. For some extra protein, top with grilled chicken or serve on the side of some steak strips or white fish. Delish!
- 1 thinly sliced red onion (small), 3 large tomatoes sliced to about 1/3 of an inch thick, 1 sliced English cucumber, 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds, 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro, 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of sugar (skip if going sugar-free), Kosher salt, and olive oil
Give one of these recipes a try and let us know how it goes!