One of the hardest parts about watching your caloric intake is feeling hungry. It’s one of the top reasons why most diets fail. Fortunately, there are foods you can eat to help you feel fuller longer between meals and avoid overeating.
Let’s Go Over a Few Foods to Help Feel Fuller Longer Here
- Apples: Eat an apple about 30-45 minutes before you plan on sitting down for a big meal, especially before heading out to a dinner party or ordering at a restaurant. The fiber and water content in an apple helps you feel fuller for few calories.
- Beans: When you think of high fiber content, this is a food that quickly comes to mind. Beans, along with chickpeas, help you feel fuller thanks to their high fiber and protein makeup. They also are relatively low in calories when eaten in moderation.
- Avocados: The healthy fat in an avocado has been proven to reduce the tendency to overeat, and it’s a fantastic way to improve brain health, too!
- Dark chocolate: A small piece of dark chocolate helps you feel fuller when compared with other sweet treats like milk chocolate and is less damaging to a diet than traditional desserts.
- Eggs: High-protein foods such as eggs, especially in the morning, have been shown to keep diets on track and ward off hunger later in the day.