Now hiring for: Personal Trainers and Barre Instructors.
Careers at Harbor Square
Change lives. Change the community. Have fun.
Our goal at Harbor Square Athletic Club is to be a leader in the industry, setting the standard for how full service clubs contribute to improving the health and wellness of not only our amazing members, but also our surrounding community.
We are looking for self motivated, health conscious, and service oriented individuals to help be a part of our mission to change lives of members and the communities we serve.
Please see our currently open positions below. Check back constantly as we continue to want to innovate and grow our programs at Harbor Square.
Group Fitness Instructor
The Group Fitness program at Harbor Square provides “energy and excitement” for our members. You will be an integral part of an outstanding team and contribute to the success of our members health and fitness goals and aspirations. You are also expected to proactively meet the needs of members and accurately answer questions.
- Be Positive:Our goal is to provide a positive uplifting experience for our members
- Be Happy:Greet members with a smile. Recognize new faces and welcome everyone to your class
- Be Nice:Be actively involved in others success. “Say thank you, Im Sorry, and Your Welcome”. Promote and support HSAC members and team members.
- Availability to teach a minimum of two or more classes per week
- Diligent planning and preparation before each class: Includes music, choreography, time management, etc.
- Assisting members with answering questions and maintaining a positive experience for all class participants and members
- Keep management informed of any facility and member needs
- Ensure safety standards are met and department policies are adhered to and upheld
- Attract and retain members of Harbor Square Athletic Club
- Ensure safety of members in exercise form and technique
- Provide options and challenges for specific exercises to accommodate various skill levels
- Meet or exceed performance metrics.
- Flexible to work day, evening, holidays and/or weekend hours as needed.
- Must be able to work well with coworkers, members, and management
- Must be accountable and reliable.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be positive, motivating and uplifting
- Must hold current applicable group fitness certification
- CPR certification within 30 days of employment required
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings
- Must have a strong knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics
Professional Trainers & Coaches
Both Fitness Trainers and Nutritionist(s).
- Ability to communicate about movement clearly with other modalities at Harbor Square.
- Nutritionist – Comprehensive knowledge of nutrtion fundamentals: Macro and micro nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Also ability to effectively support training programs through nutrition protocols for fat loss, hypertrophy, performance training, and other training needs.
- Self motivated, positive, enthusiastic, and a well organized.
- Professional, respectful, humble, and courteous.
- Ability to be a great brand ambassador and share the Harbor Square story.
- Enjoys meeting new people and connecting with the community.
- Degree in health related field or nationally accredited certification.
- Ability to exude passion & professionalism during training sessions while adhering to Harbor Square’s mission.
- Must be open to learning nuances of Harbor Square’s methods and philosophies.
- CPR/AED Certified
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate ideas.