- Boston College, Bachelor of Arts
- Shoreline Community College, Associates in Applied Arts & Science: Nursing
- Registered Nurse, Washington State Department of Health, License # 60257242
- Certified Prenatal & Postpartum Exercise Specialist: American Fitness Professionals & Associates
- Get Fit For Birth Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Childbirth & Postpartum Professional’s Association (CAPPA), Pregnancy Fitness Educator
Maura Shirey, RN, CPFE is a pregnancy and postpartum exercise specialist, committed to women’s health and wellness, particularly during the childbearing years. As a mom of two boys, she knows the strength it takes to fuel pregnancy and motherhood!
Her passion for this exciting and challenging time of life lead her to create her own fitness company, Bodies for Birth®, where she has spent the past five years specializing in training during preconception, pregnancy and postpartum.
Maura is professionally trained as a registered nurse and additionally has worked in a variety of wellness capacities–including as a certified personal trainer, personal chef, corporate health coach, and wellness health screener. Maura fuses her diverse wellness background with an intense passion to create an individualized, holistic, and supportive training experience for each one of her clients. Maura and the services offered at Bodies for Birth® have become well-known in Seattle for providing individualized programming, intentional mind-body preparation for childbirth, and safe, effective training for postpartum recovery. Maura welcomes working with all levels of fitness and stages of preconception, pregnancy and postpartum (even if it’s been years since childbirth). She’s excited to be part of the team at Harbor Square and can’t wait to support you on your journey!