One of the biggest reasons behind weight gain is our tendency to reach for instantly gratifying foods when we’re hungry. It’s difficult to find the patience for cooking a meal when hunger strikes; most of us would rather reach for whatever is available.
But cooking at home usually means you’ll be taking in fewer calories and less sugar and fat, as well as saving money. It’s a big win altogether! So why not stock your pantry with a bunch of healthy items?
Lose Weight Fast with these foods:
- Whole grains: Brown rice, oats and quinoa are easy to cook and a fantastic option when creating high-fiber, nutritious meals. They pair easily with other foods and store for a relatively long time.
- Canned Beans: Legumes such as black beans, chickpeas and soybeans are another awesome high-fiber option. They heat up quickly and can be paired with many lean proteins or spice up a boring salad or soup.
- Mustard: Mustard is a great condiment to stock your pantry with because it’s very low in calories and makes most foods taste better.
- Dried herbs and spices: These are pantry staples to help you lose weight this year as you experiment with new dishes. Herbs and spices also are a fantastic way to get lots of antioxidants.
- Honey: Certain dishes require sweeteners, but it’s hard to know what to use if you want to lose weight. Keep natural sweeteners such as honey in your pantry to help lessen the impact on your diet. Other options include maple syrup and molasses.